Hello Hello Hello 🙂
Slightly more serious post today! I’m not entirely sure where it’s going to go, but I think it’s sometimes good to just write and get your thoughts out.
Somebody recently said to me “life happens, it is what it is”, and at first I didn’t think anything of it, but then I began thinking more about it.
“It is what it is”, at first, sounds like a slightly stupid thing to say, and of course, taken in a literal way, it probably is. It was only after a while that I really thought; what was their purpose in saying that? Yes life is what it is, it’s something we actually have very little control of. We can’t change life; we can only change aspects of it. With this is mind though; why do we naturally focus on what we have no control over and how do we deal with life?
I guess as humans we spend a lot of time fantasising about our ideal future, which means when it comes to a bad situation, it feels a lot worse than it really is. For some unknown reason though, most of us somehow manage to keep going, no matter how bad it gets. From the minute we are able to talk, as a child, we ask a lot of questions, but what questions should we be asking?
- “Where do I want to be in 6 months/a year?”
– Quite often we get asked where we want to be in five years time, which for me is a ridiculous question. Yes, it’s important to know what you’d like to be achieving in the future, but it’s also important to focus on a time frame that is realistic. You may have the desire to be a doctor now and realise in 6 months that actually, that role isn’t for you. With that said, decide what it is that you want in the near future, and go from there
- “What is stopping me (achieving what I want to do)?”
– This may be something straight-forward like not having the money to start your ideal business, in which case you can work on finding solutions. The answer to this question for some however, can be a lot more complicated. Issues such as confidence holding you back, is something you have to deal with separately before moving forward.
- “Who can I talk to?”
– Sometimes it’s important to consider who you have around you. Lot’s of people have big families and multiple groups of friends that they aren’t entirely comfortable opening up to, however there will be an individual that would be there for them, if needed. It is important to remind yourself that, if you were to step out of your comfort zone, there are people you can talk to.
I think one of the main reasons many of us sometimes feel overwhelmed by life itself is because we haven’t stopped and questioned, where we want to be, what is holding us back and what help we have available to us. Being clear on how you feel will help you feel more in control.
I should probably finish by pointing out that these questions won’t help everyone, but they are a starting point. These are all based purely on my experiences of how I and others I’ve spoken to, deal with life. I just wanted to share as it could potentially help someone else!
This post has been quite serious, but I want to make it clear that I believe life doesn’t have to be!
I’m intrigued to know how others find it easiest to deal with life in general. Comment below!
Have a good day 🙂
You can follow me on Bloglovin
Connect with me